Government of Singapore Privacy Statement
- This is a Government of Singapore digital service.
- We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our digital service. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and the frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred digital services. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our digital services and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the digital service.
- If you provide us with personal data;
(a) Where appropriate, we may share necessary data with other Government Agencies, so as to improve the discharge of public functions, and to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
(b) We will NOT share your personal data with any non-Government Entity, except where such non-Government Entity has been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
(c) For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This digital service may contain links to non-Government digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other digital services and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
- In this Privacy Statement:
(a) “Government Agency” means any department, ministry or Organ of State of the Government or any Statutory Board;
(b) “Non-Government Entity” means any person other than a Government Agency;
(c) “personal data” has the meaning set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, as amended or revised from time to time; and
(d) “Statutory Board” means a body corporate established by or under written law to perform or discharge any public function under the supervisory charge of a department, ministry or Organ of State of the Government.